Hi, I'm Olivia Horne.
I'm a coach, wife, mother of two, daughter, sister, friend, colleague... Like every mum, I juggle a lot of different roles.
The two that matter here are:
I'm a happiness coach and a mum.
I realised long ago that people were my passion - what makes them tick, how they make life choices and pursue goals, what brings them happiness, or stops them finding it. After a degree in Experimental Psychology at the University of Oxford, and a chapter working with senior executives across education and the arts (plus a few years singing jazz in bars and at weddings), I decided that helping people find their happy was how I wanted to spend my life. So I trained as a life and wellbeing coach to support women through challenging times.
When I took a few years out to bring a small person into the world, it hit me like a train. If you want to read a longer version of what was hard and what helped, you can find it here.
Now, I apply my wellbeing work specifically to mums who are struggling to embrace their changing identity, rediscover their confidence, and find ways to look after themselves as well as their kids. I help them to take the pressure off and focus on themselves a bit more. Because it’s hard! And because a mum’s happiness matters to the whole family.
And I'm not talking about 24/7 jazz-hands happy or shiny Pinterest perfection. I’m talking about that authentic happiness that sits quietly deep inside you, brings you confidence, guides your instincts, supports your choices and threads a gentle reassurance through your days. It's really easy for that kind of happiness to get buried under piles of dirty washing and nagging doubts. It’s still in there, it’s just that some days it needs a bit of help to to come to the surface. And it's worth finding, for everyone's sake.
For me the change from 0 kids to 1 was the hardest, but this work isn’t just for new first time mums. For you it might be harder after your second or third baby, or when you return to work (or decide not to), or have surprise twins, or a devastating loss. We can work with all of it, so just get in touch.
I look forward to meeting you, in all your different roles.
• MA (Oxon) in Experimental Psychology (University of Oxford, 2002)
• NLP Master Practitioner (PPD Learning, NLPTA, 2010)
• Reiki Master (The Wren Clinic, 2009)
• Journey Practitioner (2010)
• Kinesiology Practitioner (Maggie La Tourelle, 2010)
• ITEC/BTEC Diploma in Holistic Massage (Essentials for Health, 2009)
• Massage for Pregnancy (Well Mother, APNT 2010)
• Infant Massage Instructor (IAIM, 2009)
• Full Member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists
• Full Member of the Complementary Therapists Association
• Registered with CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
• St John’s Ambulance First Aid Certificate (Essentials for Health, 2009)
• Diploma of Jazz Voice Performance (Trinity College of Music, 2005)
All photos across the site are by the wonderful Amy Cooke Photography. Thank you Amy! x